Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Second leg: MD to TN

Whew. I got up at 5:45 and I was on the road at 6:00. Pretty much, I drove all day. I got in to TN at 7:30- 13.5 hours of driving. Awesome. The first song of the day was "Every New Day" by Five Iron Frenzy, purely by chance. I thought that was neat. Mostly uneventful- you know it's going to be an exciting day when Google maps says: "Turn right. Continue 745.6 miles." I'm pretty frazzled right now. Can't think straight.

Notes from today:
Don't freak out when the car makes slightly different noises. It's the road. Really. (Though wheels might be slightly out of balance. No biggie)
Zune has a really good battery!
Wait and buy gas later. It'll be cheaper. Use gasbuddy.com.
Bring more water next time.
When going down steep hills, cruise control will actually engine brake.
I managed not to eat any MREs today, just a sandwich and some granola bars. Dinner here. On that note, I'm going to go eat dinner.
---
I stayed with a family that my parents met once. They were very nice. Thank you, Gilmores! It was a little bit weird to stay with people I didn't know, but not really. Accidentally got educated on the TV show Lost through osmosis while sitting in TV room on laptop. Ooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment