Monday, November 26, 2007

Computer issues, election re-do, monopoly

The first issue here is that my computer has issues. Serious issues. Something is seriously wrong- it was making funny noises through the speakers just as I was going to sleep last night so I reached up from my bed and shut it off with the power button. After I came back from class yesterday (and praying, having suspected issues), I tried to start it again- after some varied results, it now does nothing. It won't POST, it won't do anything. The screen won't come on, it won't boot, nothing works at all. Occasionally some static will come from the speakers. I died inside a little bit. I only bought this PC this spring, so I'm a bit peeved. I'm hoping it's under warranty- I could have sworn it only had a 90 day warranty, but I looked up Acer's warranty on a similar model and it came back as one year. I'm not sure what to make of it, but please pray! I have no computer to use for anything, and I'm fairly sure that I can't just fix this problem. I may have to wait until I get back to the US to have it repaired.

Also, avid readers of my blog will remember that I made a fit about not being able to vote in the election. It turns out that me pitching a fit to the election people did actually make a difference! Between the exchange student voting issue and someone exposing a flaw in their system(someone voted with someone else's ID) , the election was called null. They have to fix these issues before they can hold another, so it may work out that the election is actually put off until next year. Hooray for change.

Also, I'm still playing a ton of Monopoly. With my computer the way it is, I may be playing a lot more. I really like Monopoly. A lot.

Please pray for my PC to be under warranty, and that the Acer depot in Korea will be able to fix it quickly.

1 comment:

  1. So because of your writing about monopoly a while ago, now everytime someone says "I'm bored, we should do something," I suggest monopoly. We have one, its just sitting there in the lounge like it has been all term, but so far, there have been no takers.

    ReplyDelete